Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Homemade Hydrating super Antioxidant Rosemary Serum Gel

0 comments


Homemade Hydrating Antioxidant Rosemary Serum Gel

Last week I have been playing around with some ingredients trying to make a Hydrating Gel based on some things I have been reading recently. I made it and I like it. It sank in really nicely, my skin feels like silk and I don't need an additional moisturizer (lotion kind) at all! This light Facial Serum Gel for my morning Facial Moisturizer and my Exotic Oils Serum over the Serum Gel at night, that's all I need now :)


Gel agent I used is the Cellulose Gum, I usually use it at 1-3%. It works great in conjunction with other liquid ingredients (Hydrosols, water soluble Extracts, Humectants, etc...) to increase moisture and leaves your skin silky soft...

Water Phase contains a blend of soothing, healing Hydrosols, Alcohol and Glycerin based Herbal Extracts, Sodium Lactate and Aloe Vera Gel.


Plantain Leaf, Green Tea Leaf and Rose Petal Alcohol Extracts I've used in my Antioxidant Hydrating Facial Serum and I really love this combination. Plantain and Rose makes together an amazing fresh floral scent and I added a drop of Rosemary Essential Oil (diluted in Dendritic Salt) for its strong antioxidant, antibacterial and anti fungal activities and fresh smell. To increase a synergy I added a little bit of a Rosemary Alcohol Extract (instead of Green Tea Extract - also well known Antioxidant) and Rosemary Hydrosol, the last one I like using neat as a Hydrating Mist.


       I have never used Sodium Lactate (humectant) in Gels before, but I have a lot of it so thought I would give it a try.


       I've made this Facial Serum-Gel that's really a light "emulsion" with high concentrations of antioxidants, moisturizing and regenerating elements and gentle anti-inflammatory ingredients.
----------
The Recipe of my Hydrating Antioxidant Rosemary Serum Gel:


Ingredients (16.5 gram/17ml):
Rosemary Hydrosol (hydrating, refreshing, toning, stimulating) - 5ml (30%)
Rose Water (hydrating, refreshing, soothing, calming) - 5ml (30%)
Aloe Vera Gel (regenerating, soothing) - 3.5ml (25%)
Plantain Leaf Alc. Extract (antiseptic, anti-inflammatory) - 0.5ml (10 drops) (3%)
Rose Petal Alc. Extract (antioxidant) - 0.5ml (10 drops) (3%)
Rosemary Leaf Alc. Extract (antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory) - 0.5ml (10 drops) (3%)
Rosemary Essential Oil (diluted in Dendritic Salt) (antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory) - 1 drop in a few crystals of Salt
Sodium Lactate Liquid 60% (humectant) - 0.5ml (10 drops) (3%)
Cellulose Gum (gel agent) - 0.5 gram (3%)
Cosmocil CQ (gentle, used in baby wipes and contact lens solutions, paraben free preservative) - 2 drops 0.10ml (0.6%)
Citric Acid (lower pH) a few tiny granules (3-5), less than 0.01 gram...


Instructions:
Pre-mix Cellulose Gum with Alcohol based extracts to avoid clumping. Mix all the ingredients in sterilized bottle, stir well, add preservative and citric acid, stir again …

That's all...
If you are going to heat the "Water Phase" that I don't think it's necessary, except Hydrosols, heat up Hydrosols to 80 Centigrate for 20 minutes. I am using a dropper cap for my Hydrosol bottles to avoid contamination, so I do not heat them. The Herbal Extracts are Alcohol based (40% or 80 proof Vodka makes them self-preserved) and my Aloe Gel is preserved. Anyways, make sure to add Salts with a Rosemary Essential Oil and Cellulose Gum to a mixture cooling down to a room temperature.


Shelf Life:
This amount is enough only for one week, using twice a day... If you are willing to keep this mixture in the refrigerator for one week you can skip a preservative step... And please use a dropper or a treatment pump container, it will keep your mixture safe from oxidation and contamination.

How to use:
Apply a few drops of this Gel on your face and neck after the cleansing routine and before the Oil based Serum...

The purpose of this mixture is to deliver high ratios of actives to the skin in a light none-emulsion form. I really like it, it makes a job, especially good for Summer time!
If you gonna try this please let me know:)


You may like
Homemade Intensive Hydrating Facial Mask with Seaweed Extracts
DIY - Homemade Rosemary Leaf Extract
Homemade Hydrating Facial Moisturizer with Kelp and Herbal Extracts
DIY - Homemade Herbal Extracts: Alcohol Based Extracts
Rosemary Chicken Protects Your Brain From Free Radicals from ScienceDaily.com
Homemade Facial Serum with Exotic Oils Vitamin Enriched
Homemade Pomegranate Hydrating Toner
DIY Tutorial - Pore Minimizing Toner
Homemade Rose Water Toner
Homemade Antioxidant Hydrating Serum

Comments

0 comments to "Homemade Hydrating super Antioxidant Rosemary Serum Gel"

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews

 

Home Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Galia's Place by Galia Terms of Use