Saturday, January 2, 2010

Review - AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask For Normal to Dry Skin

3 comments
Review - AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask For Normal to Dry Skin
       Facial masks are a great way to clean, treat and condition the skin. I am a mask addict. But I have to admit, that I am not using many commercial facial masks right now as used to. I'd prefer the Homemade ones... But this one I've really enjoyed, so I am going to make a quick review to let you know what I liked and what I didn't.

       Let's take a close look at the ingredients. Ahava Purifying Mud Mask is a Clay based Mask, because Kaolin and Dead Sea Mud have second and third place in the List of Ingredients. Sea Salt is used as Scrubbing Element; Lactic Acid as Chemical Peeling, Aloe Leaf Extract, Jojoba Oil and Glycerin as Moisturizing Elements; Witch Hazel and Horsetail Extracts as Astringents, Chamomile Extract and Panthenol as Antiseptic and Anti-Oxidant. At the end of the List of Ingredients we can find Parabens, Silicon, Gel Agent and Thickener. And this mask is not free from Sodium Laureth Sulfate :-(... A little bit disappointing...

AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask For Normal to Dry Skin

Ingredients: Water, Kaolin, Sea Silt (Maris Limus) Extract (Dead Sea Mud), Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Sea Salt, Dead Sea Water, Cetearyl Alc, Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Water (Witch Hazel), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Extract, Ceteareth 30, Sodium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, PEG 40 Stearate, Allantoin, Lactic Acid, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Triclosan, Sodium Methylparaben, Sorbitan Tristearate.


Description:
Rich in the mud and energizing minerals found only in the Dead Sea, Purifying Mud Mask is an ideal gentle-action cleanser that performs deeply through surface skin cells to draw out impurities. Your skin tingles deliciously and radiates with a newborn freshness that is resilient and silky smooth.
Approved for Sensitive Skin. Hypoallergenic. Dermatologically Tested.
Directions: Apply generously once to twice a week on your face, avoiding the eye area. After 2 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Follow with Mineral Toning Water and Smoothing Moisturizer or Skin Replenisher.


Net Weight: 150 g / 5.3 oz.
Made by Dead Sea Laboratories Ltd., Dead Sea, Isreal, Dead Sea Laboratories, Ltd.
       My skin is combination/oily with occasional breakouts and this product really helps... I've been using the "Normal to dry" version for maybe six months now.. I don't remember why I've picked it up instead of the "Oily" one... But I really enjoy using it.
       You can use it as both an Exfoliant and a Mask. It tighten the pores, removes the blackheads and decrease the amount of oil on my skin, but be careful if your skin is dry or very sensitive because it may easily dry out your skin...

Ahava on my face:)
       When used as a face mask, I apply a very (!) thin layer of the mask on the face and neck, after having cleansed the skin! And I have to say, it is much easier to apply the product onto a wet face. Leave for a few minutes. The mask dried completely in about 2 minutes, so I mist the face with the Rose Water twice, then gently massage with fingertips and wash it off.

       If you have a Dry Skin, don't let the mask to dry completely, spray your face and neck with a Toner over it more than 3 times. And do not leave it on longer than you're supposed to, or you may end up with dry irritated skin. If you have drier skin you may want to use it as an Exfoliant only and leave it on for about a minute.

       So this isn’t just a Cleansing Face Mask, it also exfoliates. It contains small bits of something (I believe it's a Dead Sea Salt or a pieces of Mud) that serve as the Scrubbing Elements of the mixture. I believe it also contain a small amount of Lactic Acid which used as a Chemical Exfoliant. For the Exfoliating treatment - gently massage onto the wet skin, until those little pieces dissolve, then rinse it off. The Scrubbing pieces are not too harsh and quickly dissolve when rubbed on the skin.

       This mask leaves my skin smooth and very soft. It deeply cleans, minimizes my pores and clears blackheads. I really like it...

       The consistency is very nice and convenient: not too dry and not too watery.
The tube is easily squeezable.
The tube is quite big, this means the 5.3 oz. (150 ml) bottle would last a long time. I'm using this mask for 6 months, not that often, may be twice a month when I need a quick "makeover" and I still have enough for another 3-4 applications...

       I don't remember exactly what was the price when I bought it 6 months before, but now in online stores it costs about 25-30$... I think it is a little too expensive for the mask, especially when I can get the same results (or even better) with my Homemade ones... But this is a very good mask to do when you don't have enough time to prepare your own, with this one you need only 3-4 minutes and you are ready to go! Otherwise I would prefer to make my own...

       I am happy to be able to share my experience with you, guys. Hope it will help you... So give it a try if you need a quick "makeover" :-) and I hope you enjoy the same results I did.

P.S. This review is my personal opinion of that product, which was purchased by me with my own money...


P.P.S. You can find this product online at drugstore.com, amazon.com, in Israel at Superfarm and Pharmacies...


 You may like

Intensive Hydrating Natural Facial Mask with Homemade Seaweed Extracts
Homemade Hydrating Facial Moisturizer with Kelp and Herbal Extracts
Lush Inspired - Cupcake Purifying Facial Mask with Rhassoul Clay
Tweaking a Cupcake Purifying Facial Mask - Lush Inspired
DIY - Homemade Massage Oil
Facial Cleansing Routine using Homemade Cleansers and Makeup Removers - Fall 2011

Comments

3 comments to "Review - AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask For Normal to Dry Skin"

angelica said...
October 07, 2010 8:18 PM

I know the product, and agree with you that it is good. But did you know that it is produced in an illigal settlement on the west Bank?! And that they ar using stolen natural resources to make it? I have never used it again after I learned that. So I prefer using other products instead.

Galia said...
October 11, 2010 1:58 PM

Angelica, you’ve mistaken… According to my knowledge their factories are located in Mitzpe Shalem, an Israeli village between the Dead Sea and the Judean Desert. This is kibbutz, not settlement… Nothing is stolen… Of course, this is your choice to use or not to use… and please I do not want any political propaganda on my blog…

Anonymous said...
June 21, 2012 5:11 AM

This is a great post. Angelica is a nutter.

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews

 

Home Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Galia's Place by Galia Terms of Use