Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Homemade Pomegranate Peel Extract

7 comments
I've been reading a lot about anti-oxidantal activity of Pomegranate Peel Extract and recently decided to try it in my own "skin care line".


I've made my own Homemade Pomegranate Peel Extract using a mixture of Glycerin and Vodka as a solvent.

I've got two kind of extracts: the first one was on the ratio of Glycerin and Vodka 1:1 and the second one was on 5:1. The second extract is more powerfull, IMHO.

I'm adding this PPE to my toners and it's amazing.



You may like

DIY - Homemade Herbal Extracts: Oil Infusion/Maceration
Homemade Thyme Leaf, Rosemary Leaf and Liquorice Root Extracts
Homemade Pomegranate Peel Extract
The Herbal How To Guide
Youtube Video by mountainroseherbs - How to Make Herbal Infused Oils
Homemade Intensive Hydrating Facial Mask with Seaweed Extracts
Homemade Hydrating Facial Moisturizer with Kelp and Herbal Extracts
DIY - Homemade Natural Freshening Mouthwash with Clove Extract
Homemade Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) Extract and Oil Infusion
DIY - Homemade Rosemary Leaf Extract

Comments

7 comments to "Homemade Pomegranate Peel Extract"

Gypsy Girl said...
November 05, 2009 5:17 AM

Sounds exciting, might give that a try.
Seeing as where I am not going to eat the
peel anyway. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
January 05, 2013 3:52 AM

Hi, I've recently been getting interested in making my own skin care products (Though I have much to learn). I am wondering how you chose your solvents? To that best I can decipher, the original study claims the active ingredient is water soluble. Also... I'm curious if you have any sources to share regarding these types of questions.. solvents, extraction times etc. thanks and good luck!

Anonymous said...
January 05, 2013 5:11 AM

PS - I am loving your site!
Thank you for posting all this info.

Galia said...
January 05, 2013 6:44 PM

Thank you :)
Regarding solvents you can check out my posts:
DIY - Homemade Herbal Extracts: Alcohol Based Extracts
http://galiaplace.blogspot.co.il/2010/01/diy-homemade-herbal-extracts-alcohol.html
DIY - Homemade Herbal Extracts: Oil Infusion/Maceration
http://galiaplace.blogspot.co.il/2010/01/diy-homemade-herbal-extracts-oil.html

ManeAngels said...
August 11, 2013 2:22 AM

Do you just use glycerin and vodka for the pomegranate extract?

Jennifer Acciano said...
March 31, 2015 11:19 PM

Hello, I would love to make the Pomegranate Peel extract, when I click on the diy it does not include the recipe? Kindly Jenn

Lina352 said...
June 28, 2016 4:19 PM

How Long i must extracted pomegranate peel in mixture ?

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews

 

Home Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Galia's Place by Galia Terms of Use