Thursday, November 19, 2009

Review - Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Brushes (The Pink Line)

0 comments
I got these brushes from Coastal Scents about two month ago and I'd like to do a quick review to let you know how I feel about them.

First of all, I have to say - The Handles look really cheap !!! But, for the price...



Pink Oval Fluff Shadow Brush - 1.95$
"This brush measures end to end 6", has a brushed nickel ferrule with pink pearl painted handle. Hairs measure 1/2" x 1/2 " Sable Hair"
Best brush from the Pink Line I have tried so far!
It's very soft, and it picks up color well, no shedding or bleeding. But! - I find this brush too big for my eyelids. I use it for mineral concealer, highlighting under the brow bone and contouring the sides of my nose.  I like it!


Pink Round Crease Eye Brush - 1.89$
"Sable hair, end to end this brush measures 6" The hairs are 3/8" in length. Brushed nickel ferrule with pink pearl painted handle."
It's a nice brush and very dense, it does not smell and no shedding! But! - it's a little rough on the skin. I've tried it a couple of times, but it seems to be rough on my eyelids, the bristles are hard and scratchy (at least that's how it feels on my skin). Although once received I saw that the bristles weren't quite the same shape as in the picture, mine was more thicker at the top. I'm not so happy with this one :(.


Pink Angle Taklon Liner Brush - 1.79$

"1/4 " slant, fine and flexible. Brush measures end to end 6""

It was good for gel liners, no shedding, soft and flexible. But! - It doesn't hold shape, after washing it a few times the bristles started to fray and separate.
I actually use it now for my eyebrows.


Pink Oval Taklon Lip Brush - 1.99$
"Taklon fiber with great control for applying lip color. The head is 1/4"x1/4" with a chiseled oval cut. End to end this brush measures 6""

This brush is stiff and incredibly soft at the same time. But! - it's very small for my lips. I like this brush to smudge eyeliner and it works amazingly. It's also awesome for applying along the lashline. I really like this brush - it's tiny, super soft and very dense.

I like these eyeshadow brushes, they are inexpensive but decent. But I don't really know if I'll order them again...
I've bought to my sister "Metallic Plum Brush Set", I'll ask her to share her experience with them. They look much better and I think they are much softer than The Pink Line...
Have you tried these brushes? What are your thoughts?

P.S. The links are not available right now, sorry :(. You can check out The CS new site if you'd like.





You may like

Russian Version of my Favorite Mineral Make Up Products in 2011 (Минеральный хит-парад 2011)
How to: A little Guide to modify Mineral Foundation to your needs
Review - Coastal Scents Makeup Brushes: my thoughts
Review - EcoTools Makeup Brushes - part 1 - Singles
Review - EcoTools Brushes - 5-Piece Mineral Brush Set

Comments

0 comments to "Review - Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Brushes (The Pink Line)"

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews

 

Home Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Galia's Place by Galia Terms of Use